Process Engineer, Optical
Company: CommScope Inc.
Posted on: September 19, 2018
Everyone communicates. It's the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network-our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers- we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world's most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity. General Summary
Provide technical direction to all phases of Process Engineering in order to improve quality, reduce costs and maximize production that will establish the company as a world class low-cost quality producer. Plan, develop, organize, manage, and coordinate specific project assignments in order to reduce downtime, improve productivity and reduce scrap.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical assistance by evaluating current process problems and instructing manufacturing in the proper course of action in order to reduce scrap, improve quality and maximize production.
- Maintain technical and process information on product specification drawings by analyzing current process for change, review new product specifications in order to reduce start-up scrap, minimize downtime and improve quality.
- Improve machine efficiencies by analyzing manufacturing process for excessive scrap, machine downtime and poor quality in order to improve downtime, quality, machine productivity and product yields.
- Provide technical support to Product Engineering and Material Engineering by assisting in raw material evaluations, new product development, and product improvement in order to improve costs, improve quality and improve customer lead times.
- Assist in production line layout and design by formulating specifications, implementing capital requests and selecting contractors or vendors so that equipment design, layout and purchase can be completed according to specification, on time and within budget. Requirements
- Bachelors degree or higher in related technical curriculum and min of 2-5 yrs relevant process or design engineering experience. 8 years of technical experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Strong project management competency and large scale projects, preferred.
- Must be capable of working effectively with vendors and suppliers to resolve process and component issues. Able to function effectively in a team and self-directed work environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, required. It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities. ;;
Keywords: CommScope Inc., Catalina Island , Process Engineer, Optical, Engineering , Claremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!